Dress Code FW’13: Top 5 shoes to wear NOW
Hello loves, we’re back this week to take a look at fall/winter footwear. Every winter season it’s a good idea to take inventory of your closet (as we should every season) and sift through your shoes. Look for styles you have no intention of wearing, shoes that no longer fit, styles that have made a comeback, and decide what needs to be added. Now that we’ve gotten things in order, let’s take a look at the hottest styles this season!
- Nude Stilettos – Besides versatility, this style also gives a more streamlined look by elongating the legs. The key is find the right shade of nude for your skin tone. This proves to be very challenging for those of us who are fairer or daker than others. However, don’t give up hope. Whether it’s beige or chocolate brown there’s a nude just for you.
- Oxfords – Worn with slacks or jeans these classic prep school throwbacks give any outfit a polished touch. An alternative to tennis shoes on the weekends or a comfy substitute to heels at the office, snag a pair for yourself this season. Look for rich colors (perhaps wine or cobalt blue), or try a metallic leather pair if you’re tired of the norm.
- Ankle boots – Nothing compliments a pair of skinny jeans on a winter night like a good ankle boot! Enclosed enough to keep your feet warm yet short enough to accentuate your calves, every lady needs a classic pair. This season’s top picks highlight the fabulous return of the block heel. This heel shape offers a much sturdier base while also providing comfort. Also look for small details like gold hardware or a peep toe.
- Over the knee – Perhaps the sexiest shoe on the list, over the knee boots can still be worn tastefully without any hint of immorality. It’s all about context…how you style an item is just as important as the fit. This season we’re seeing this boot in suede jewel toned flats and buttery pointed toe leather. The are perfect over a pair of leggings and a knit tunic, a fit and flare dress that merely grazes the knee, or even a pair of jeans with your favoite turtle neck and blazer.
- Statement Heels – Admit it…every woman has one pair of heels that are her version of showstoppers. Whether it’s a pair of Louboutin’s with red soles, rhinestoned pumps by Diamond Collection, or ankle strapped Nine West heels at a staggaring height….these shoes steal the spotlight of any outfit. If you don’t own one pair of statement heels look for a pair that are comfortable, unique, and express your personality.